Halloween will be here before we know it, and we can't wait! While Halloween is thought to be a holiday for children, there is so much to do and enjoy as an adult.
We've compiled a list for seniors of Halloween ideas that will get you in the spirit!
- Have a Halloween-themed movie marathon. What better way to celebrate than with the classics? We'll let you decide which route you want to go, scary or family fun. Check out this link here to 50 classic Halloween movies!
- Make your favorite fall treats! From rice Krispie treats to apple pie, there are so many delicious autumn treats to make and enjoy. It could be as easy as making popcorn and adding candy corn or M&M's!
- Pull out the decorations! One thing is for certain, holiday décor will always put you in the spirit. Fall technically starts on September 22nd, so you can break out the spiderwebs and pumpkins before October even rolls around.
- Speaking of pumpkins, you can't forget about the jack-o-lanterns! If carving pumpkins is too strenuous, you can always draw on the pumpkins. Or you can invite loved ones over for a pumpkin carving contest. Best part is, you can judge which pumpkin is best without doing any work!
- Nothing makes you feel like a kid again like dressing up in a costume. The crazier and more intricate, the better!
- Go to a pumpkin patch to get into the Halloween mindset. Pumpkin patches are great, not only for the hundreds of pumpkins but also for everything else that's there! Pumpkin patches will usually have fall treats or a petting zoo to be enjoyed by all.
- If you're able to and feeling generous, try creating a Halloween care package. This is a wonderful way to show someone you're thinking about them, especially when you can't be together with this person. If you're looking for some ideas for what to put in the care package, you can never go wrong with candy!
These are only a few fun, Halloween-themed ideas to get you into the holiday spirit. Another great way is to continue the traditions you had growing up or created with your family. Even if you can't be with your loved ones, this will help you feel close with them.
Also, try to be with neighbors, family, or friends during this time. While Halloween is so fun, it can also be hard if you live alone. One of the great benefits of living in a retirement community like The Villas at Stanford Ranch is that there are always so many things to look forward to around the holidays. From the arts and crafts to the parties, holidays are always fun here!