Valentine’s Day is the perfect holiday for everyone to enjoy and participate in. No matter your age, there’s so many ways to celebrate the special day.
This year, make the most of February 14th with these fun, senior-friendly activities!
1. Decorate: Few things make a holiday as festive as putting up decorations around the home. Hang heart-shaped garland around the fireplace or add hints of pink and red throughout your house to get into the spirit of love.
2. Valentine’s Day Cards: Your days of handing out cards to crushes in the playground may be in the past, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t craft a special card. This is a wonderful way to show a loved one you’re thinking about them.
3. Build a Bouquet: Store-bought flower arrangements can be more expensive than normal this time of year. Luckily, small bunches of flowers are still affordable! Grab a few of your favorite flowers to make a beautiful bouquet from home!
4. Share a Sweet Treat: While candy hearts may be the go-to on Valentine’s Day, nothing says is as sweet as homemade desserts! Use the holidays as an excuse to bake you’re your favorite cookies, brownies, or cupcakes. Then, hand them out to your neighbors, friends, and family to share the love.
5. Movie Night: It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without a romantic comedy! Whether you’re re-watching your rom-com or a classic romance film, a movie night is always a great option. Grab your friends and some popcorn for a relaxing night in.
At the end of the day, Valentine’s Day is about bringing people together. If you can, try to be with your loved ones on this special day. And if you can’t, then try to share the love with those around you and celebrate the day in a meaningful way.